My primary practice is located in lower Manhattan and Brooklyn, but I serve all five boroughs and parts of Long Island. My areas of expertise include criminal defense, first amendment defense, advocacy for incarcerated persons, and drafting wills and agency documents. I am also unusually conversant with the laws governing the rights of people summoned to appear as witnesses before federal grand juries. Rates are typically flat-fee, sliding scale, and negotiable. Call for a free phone consult or quote.
I cannot guarantee outcomes, but I promise to perform high quality work on your behalf. If I enter into an attorney-client relationship with you, I pledge that I will:
- listen to you
- respect you
- be on time
- be honest with you
- learn from you and others
- talk with you, not at or about you
- avoid legal jargon, while explaining the law to the best of my ability
- adhere completely to attorney-client privilege and client confidentiality
- answer and return phone calls and emails
- answer questions thoughtfully and as completely as possible
- help you to make informed decisions
- help you to identify and protect your legal interests
- diligently research the law
- rigorously investigate your case, and
- make all appropriate legal demands for relief and satisfaction.
If you require assistance in an area of law I am not qualified to practice, or in a geographic area in which I am not licensed, I will do my best to connect you with appropriate legal resources.